St Anne's Park
Clontarf East, Raheny, Co. Dublin
To celebrate Dublin’s Millennium year in 1988, the Parks Department in co-operation with the Tree Council of Ireland, initiated the Millennium Arboretum. Consisting of 16 acres located between the main avenue and St Anne’s housing estate, the arboretum is planted with over 1000 types of tees and was sponsored by 1000 participants.
Dogs are allowed off lead up to 11.00am each day & for the last hour before official Park Closing Time. At all other times, dogs must be kept on a leash. There is a dedicated ‘Dog Park’ beside the Model Car track where dogs may be let off lead at all other times.
More recently, improvements to the park include: The refurbishment of the Red Stables, providing a new Café in the building & regular Farmers Market, located outside the courtyard, details below;
Resurfacing of over 15,000m2 of the path network; Re-landscaping of the Mount Prospect Ave/James Larkin Rd junction & the Watermill Rd/James Larkin Rd junction. Ongoing boundary improvements include the phased construction of a tarmac perimeter pathway system.
The walled garden, added to the estate by Bishop Plunkett, has been converted into Allotments and opened in 2010.